Sunday 23 July 2017

Camino de Santiago - 8 km in the wrong direction

Donostia-SanSebastian to Pasaia - 8 km

I thought it was worth resurecting my Penine Way blog to record today's short walk with Dave along the coastal path in Euskal Herria (the Basque Country) http://www.oarsoaldeaturismoa.eus/images/ezagutu-oarsoaldea/natura/docs/PasaiaDonosti-litoral-ingl.pdf that forms a short stretch of the Camino de Santiago.  I've not considered walking the whole Camino de Santiago, not least because of its religious connotations, but long distance walks have got into my blood a bit since last years Penine Way, so later this year Dave and me have a 3-day, pub to pub, Cotswolds walk planned, and next year I hope to walk Wainwright's Coast to Coast.  I might blog on both of these walks too, so here's a taster from today.

The walk starts with a climb out of Donostia - Hondartza beach behind us.




On Google Earth these steps, down to Pasaia, looked much more precipitous than they turn out to be.


It's a quick ferry ride to the old town of Pasaia for lunch




No comments:

Post a Comment